Monday 27 September 2010

Adding Subtitles

The Development work I have covered during the lesson:
During this lesson I had to add subtitles to my film. I decided that to make my film more professional and to meet the client brief I would produce subtitles for my short film. I have done this because I feel that it will make my short film more accessible to people who may have hearing difficulties, this is because it will allow them to enjoy the film as a person you had good hearing would. My short film has quite a lot of speech in it, this meant that i had to add lots of subtitles to my film.
To add subtitles to my film I had to create I had to save a second copy of my completed film as Movie with Subtitles, this is because it would allow the user to view the film with or without subtitles. To add the subtitles to the film, I had to click on the scene that I wanted to add subtitles to, and then click on 'Make Titles or Credits', this then gave me the option to add a title at the beginning of the movie, at the end of the movie and on a selected clip etc. I chose to add a title on the selected clip. I then had to type in what i wanted to be displayed at the bottom of each seen, so in this instance it would be the characters speech. I then had to change the title animation, this is because currently the text was not being displayed. I changed the title animation to 'Subtitle' which allows the text to overlay the background so that the text can be viewed. This skill that I have learnt fits in with the client brief as I have made a subtitled or a directer commentary version of the film. I therefore will have to make an area on the front end of my film where the user can select to play the film with subtitles and this is a key feature to the film.
How this met the Client Brief:
This met the client brief because the client brief says that i must include either Subtitles or Directors Commentary to my film. This is because by adding subtitles to my film it will make the film more accessible to people who may have a hearing impediment.
Skill Number:
8

No comments:

Post a Comment